Effective as of 1st October 2015
The website www.ethicalfashionforum.com and any related domains (the “Site”) is owned and operated by Mysource Limited (“EFF/we/us”).
1. INFORMATION COLLECTION
We may collect and process the following information about you:
1.1 Registration: Personal information that you provide when registering on the Site (including but not limited to, for example, your name, date of birth and email address).
1.2 Username and Email Addresses: If we decide to offer users the ability to participate in online discussion forums then you may be required to provide us with your username and/or email address so we can reply to any queries you or other users may have.
1.3 Site Visits: Details of your visits to the Site which may include, but is not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, other communication data, and the resources that you access.
1.4 Records: If you contact us to make a complaint, report a problem with the Site or for any other reason, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
1.5 Surveys: We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes. These surveys are completely optional and you may decide not to respond to them.
1.6 Competitions and Promotions: We may also ask you for additional information when you enter a competition or promotion. The information you may be asked to provide may include but shall not be limited to you name, age, gender and other demographic information.
1.7 Third Party Goods and Services: We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties, but we may collect information relating to: (i) the number of generic users who click on such links and (ii) the number of purchases made by these generic users.
1.8 IP Address and Browser Information: We may collect information about your computer which may include, but is not limited to, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and no individual is identified.
1.9 Cookies: For the same reason, we may also obtain information about your general internet usage and browsing habits. We may do this by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. We have provided more information on cookies in section 6 below.
1.10 Please note that even if you do not provide any personal information to us, your username may reveal personal information about yourself (e.g. age or name). This information may be available to registered users, us, and the general public.
2. CONSENT AND STORAGE
2.4 All information you provide to us may be stored on our servers or the servers of a third party in which case you consent to the transfer, storing or processing of such data by third parties which may be situated outside the EEA.
2.5 Where you have chosen a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
2.6 The transmission of information via the internet is never completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data and use industry standard procedures and security features to try to prevent any unauthorised access, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site. Any transmission of your personal data is done at your own risk.
3. USE OF INFORMATION
• Non-personally identifiable information may be shared with third parties to help us improve our service and the user experience or for other purposes, such as providing more relevant services and advertisements to users.
• Your email address will be used by us: (i) to contact you and send notifications or information related to the Site; and (ii) for security reasons so that we can verify your identity.
• You may be able to set preferences and control the elements of your personal information which are shared with other users of the Site. If you choose to display personal information such as comments, videos, photos or other information to other users of the Site, you do so at your own risk. We recommend that you do not share personal contact information. You can review and change your personal profile on the Ethical Fashion Network, at any time by clicking “My Profile”.
• We will disclose users’ personally identifiable information if we reasonably believe we are required to do so by any law, regulation or other government authority, to protect our rights and/or property or the rights and/or property of the general public. We may also co-operate with law enforcement agencies and, where required, may disclose users’ personally identifiable information.
• We may disclose your personal information to third parties if: (i) we acquire or dispose of any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or purchaser of such business or assets; or (ii) our assets, or a substantial part of our assets, are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You must be 14 or over to register for the Site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone who is under the age of 14 or allow them to register as a user of the Site. If we become, or are made aware that we have collected personal information from such a person then we will we delete this information (including their registered user account). If you have reason to believe that this occurred then please contact us at [email protected] and we will delete all relevant personal information.
The Site may contain links to and from third party websites or the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for such policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Cookies are small files that contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive and are used by many sites to provide features to their users. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us to record and quickly recover your login information and provide data to enable us to develop and improve the Site. We do not link the information we store in cookies to any personally identifiable information provided by users.
We currently do not process your data for direct third party marketing purposes. If we choose to do so in the future, you will have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for such purposes.
We will inform you before collecting your data if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. Please visit the Internet Advertising Bureau’s consumer website for information about how to opt out from of any targeted advertising delivered by IAB member advertising networks. We may transfer statistical or generic trend information about use of the Site, such as information stored via cookies or statistical information, to advertisers. This information will not identify any individuals.
8. ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”) gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
For the purpose of the Act, the data controller is ‘Mysource Limited’ and our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Tamsin Lejeune. The details of the Act are:
• Registration number: ZA141403